internet to my garden office 100ft from router

Nads1976 11:36 11 Sep 2019

Hi I need some advice about getting internet to my garden office which is 100ft away from the router.

I am unsure whether to lay an ethernet cable or go for a wifi booster/ extender for example Orbi?

Im not that tech savvy, so any advice would be welcome

thanks in advance

john bunyan 12:04 11 Sep 2019

There are a number of solutions depending on what you want to achieve; some dearer than others. If you simply want a non wi fi connection you could use a long LAN lead. However if your office is connected with the house main electric circuit, you could use home plugs- one connected to the router and a nearby mains socket as a source and the other to a mains socket in the office. These come in various forms from a simple LAN connection with one or two remote sockets, to ones that provide both wi fi and LAN. A good starter , if a bit pricey is Devolo, that provides wi fi and 2 LAN

Devolo

There are other males so come back if more suggestions needed

john bunyan 12:05 11 Sep 2019

PS I think a wi fi booster in the house, alone, would not be sufficient

john bunyan 12:06 11 Sep 2019

Pps makes , not males!!!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone 11 Pro vs Huawei P30 Pro: How Pro should you go?

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connect├ęs compatibles avec Google Home (2019)