internet keeps dropping out and I have no idea why

pete 16:45 21 Jan 2019

Hya, for some reason, my laptop keeps losing the internet, it re connects eventually but i have no idea why it loses it in the first place, my wifes laptop and both of our phones are ok and have no problems once connected. When i run the trouble shooter it often comes back saying there is a problem with the network. Any ideas please

pete

pete 17:14 21 Jan 2019

also to my past thread, i get the following message.

The default gateway is not available.

the trouble shooter fixes it and then it starts all over again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 21 Jan 2019

Untick your post above as people will not look at the thread thinking it has been fixes

Search for and open the Device Manager. Expand the Network adapters. Right-click on the network adapter that you are currently using (Broadcom 802.11a Network Adapter – for example). Click on Update Driver Software… in the contextual menu.

Click on Search automatically for updated driver software and allow Windows to search for and download any available software updates for your network adapter’s drivers.

If that doesn't work because windows says you have the latest drivers then uninstall the driver and restart the Machine (start -power -restart) Windows wil reload the drivers when it restarts.

pete 19:53 21 Jan 2019

thanks for your swift response fruit bat but excuse my ignorance and tell me how will i know which network adaptor i would be using ?

pete

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:11 21 Jan 2019

It will be listed under Network adaptors, tell us what shows in there.

pete 21:18 21 Jan 2019

hya fruit bat this is what i have

Broadcom BCM43142 802,11 bgn Wi Fi - Adaptor

have tried what you said other than deleting and then re starting

pete 17:09 22 Jan 2019

it seems after doing some investigating that my problem is also an issue with loads of other people and is in fact down to a windows 10 update. There has been a rather large update today which took quite a while and on completion the fault i was suffering seems to have been fixed. Cheers for your help fruit bat and continue doing what you do for others,

regards

pete

pete 17:34 22 Jan 2019

grrrrrrrrrrr.. i spoke too soon. problem is still there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)