Internet Explorer problem

Kegsy 11:35 14 Jan 2004

I have a problem with IE; it won't connect to the internet and I can't send or receive e-mails. I think the problem started after I tried downloading a screen saver. The first thing I noticed was a new home page had inserted itself, slotch .com. and a new e-mail address appeared in my dial up connection box. I have deleted these, but now all I get when trying to connect to any website is "page unavailable". I guess I need to reinstall IE and OE, but I can't find any reference to these on my original set up discs. I wonder if they are an integral part of the Windows set up disc?

AndyJ 11:49 14 Jan 2004

Running Ad Aware and/or Spybot should get rid of your prob, if not - try Pest Patrol

Gongoozler 11:50 14 Jan 2004

Try downloading and running AdAware click here and Spybot SD click here. One of these might find some residuals of the slotch.com pest.

beeuuem 12:29 14 Jan 2004

A Google search for 'remove slotch.com' will give many results.
This page may help.click here See the 'remove toolbar' section.

Kegsy 18:05 14 Jan 2004

They look helpful, trouble is I can't connect up because of the problem, I'm sending this from the computer at work.

AndyJ 19:15 14 Jan 2004

Why don't you download AdAware and Spybot at work and copy them to disc? Do you have a CD writer at work? Or do you know anyone that has a CD Writer that can download them for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?