Internet Explorer Icon problem

thinontop 14:21 29 Oct 2004

I've recently noticed that my desktop icon for Internet Exploror has changed from it's normal light blue to a dark blue. I've tried removing it from the desktop and adding it back but it's still the wrong colour. The shortcut in the Start Menu is correct and if I make a shortcut to this on the desktop it's o.k. How can I make the system icon with all the functionality on it go back to the right colour ?

smokingbeagle 15:22 29 Oct 2004

Right click on the icon. Go to Properties / Shortcut / Change icon. Select another icon and "apply". If you wish go back through the same route and change it back to the original icon.

thinontop 15:29 29 Oct 2004

That works for a shortcut but on the system Internet explorer icon that you can place on your desktop from within display properties/desktop/customise desktop you can't change the icon.

whybe 17:49 29 Oct 2004

I may be wrong about this but didn't the icon colour change to light blue when version six was released? Perhaps an IE update from MS might help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?