INTERNET EXPLORER 6

BODS 11:24 02 Jul 2005

Hello,
Can anyone please help with the following fault. My pc is as followa ecs mobo l5asa. amd1600 cpu. 512 mem 2 h/drives. cd-rw. dvd rom.office suite int/explorer 6/outlook express, nortons system works 2003.
1/ At start-up pc loads as normal, except that the dial-up- connection window appears on its own,and it will not close directly, it will close after countless close actions. This will the re-appear at times but then closes this happens during pc session. I AM USING SAME INTERNET CONNECTION SET-UP AND DETAILS ON OTHER PCS NO PROBLEMS.

2/ Also at times when I try to connect to internet as normal dial-up appears connects as usual, then pop-up message saying illegal exception program will close. If you close this message it disappears but also some of the program icons in system tray; anti-virus,cleansweep remain, also if you close message before disconnecting from internet the 2 pcs icons (in sys/tray) disappear but if you check telephone line still engaged to web

Please can any one help

VoG II 11:31 02 Jul 2005

Start-up problem: In Internet Explorer, Tools | Internet Options, Connections tab, tick Never dial a connection.

Crashing problem: try a repair click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?