Internet Explore problem

TRICKY 14:44 26 May 2006

I have recently uninstalled Norton Internet Security and install NTL_NETGUARD.

Since then I have found two annoying problems

1. On opening Outlook to download emails. Downloads stick on first option. If I stop the process. The go back to Recieve mail, it all comes through properly. It will do until I close Outlook, then I have the same problem when I reopen it.

2. Second problem is no matter what web address I open, in the first instance i get a white screen with instructions that it cant open. If I click the refresh button, the page will open.

Both above are achieveable if I do as I have explained. Its just a pain having to do something that you shouldnt have to do.

I have spoken to NTL. They have no Idea. I am in WIndows XP.

Anyone with any ideas how to cure this please?

TRICKY 11:57 01 Jun 2006

I take it no body has come across this before? Surprised not to get a single reply.
Its begining to frustrate me now.

Any help would be welcomed

Eric half-a-bee 12:35 01 Jun 2006

With regard to the IE problem, it's sounds similar to click here - that might give you some help.

For Outlook, I have a similar problem in that the initial Send/Receive sometimes takes much, much longer than any subsequent communication, although it's nothing to do with NTL (tiscali, McAfee AV, ZA firewall) if I get fed upwaiting I cancel it and re-Send/Recieve manually.
You could try turning off the Send/Receive on startup option - Tools/options/Mail Setu-up - untick the box.

yogibear 20:44 24 Aug 2006

I don't have the email problem, though I do get a timeout error message sometimes, but I am having major probs with my web browsing. If I try to follow a link from any page, the page I link from vanishes meaning I have to log on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)