Internet dropping out. Windows 10. Vodafone router

Joshua Elliott 22:08 14 Aug 2018

Hi guys, Have tried most avenues i can think of but i'm having a persistent issues with my internet connection.

My PC spec is as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

System Model MS-7851

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Network Adapter Type: Ethernet 802.3

Product Type: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

My problem is this. If i am browsing the web my connection is fine, no issue, watching youtube, fine no issues. However if i load up a game such as battlefield one for instance, i get into the game, my connection seems to time out and i receive a notification from origin ( EA's own service ) that my connection has been lost and then from the computer that a connection is not available in the task bar at the bottom right of my screen. Upon clicking on this to run a diagnostic the connection restores and is stable again.

I am on a hardwired connection. No one else connected to my router has any stability faults.

Steps I have taken thus far:

Flushed DNS cache.

Put my machine out side the DMZ on my router.

Run UOTrace to see at what point of the route my loss was occurring - it just cuts the entire connection as far as i can see to my machine.

Re-installed the drivers for the network adaptor.

Re-installed the network adaptor.

system restored from before the date the issue occurred.

Turned off windows ability to use power saving to shut down the Network adaptor.

If anyone can help shed some light on possible issues that could cause this i would be appreciated. It's starting to feel like a hardware issue which would mean a new MOBO.

Thank you.

difarn 20:51 16 Aug 2018

Have you tried resetting your router? There should be a pinhole near to the power button. You should use a pin, or a paper clip, and keep it inserted for 10 seconds. This will cause the router to re-set to factory conditions, including all configurations. If you changed the original settings relating to how to get into your router admin pages they will also need re-setting.

Joshua Elliott 21:07 16 Aug 2018

Hi, yeah i've tried, this. it was my first port of call.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Quel est le meilleur Fitbit pour votre enfant ?