Internet Data Usage Counter

allan01 19:42 25 May 2004

Since Wanadoo, my current ISP, took over Freeserve I see they offer a monthly broadband package at £17.99, albeit with a 2GB cap on it. Does anybody know of a programme that would monitor the amount of data I use over a month or so to enable me to see if this 2GB cap would be suitable for me? It would be a potential saving of £10 per month compared to my existing deal if it would suffice!

Gaz 25 19:54 25 May 2004

Ummm, Im not sure I know of any. But do know that it can be quickly reached if you do a bit of downloading and visit a lot of webpages.

Dipso 23:14 25 May 2004

I am on a PayAsYouGo package with Metronet and have come across these click here Freeware
click here Freeware
click here Popular but not free

The first 2 should be adequate for what you want. I have used Down2Home and found it OK.

allan01 06:58 26 May 2004

Down2Home looks like exactly what I need Dipso. Will download and try later. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

ste_bla 07:33 26 May 2004

Down2Home - I tried downloading the Lite version then i click on the mirror links/file name it just opens a blank .php thing in IE... do you know how i get around this?

Dipso 15:17 26 May 2004

Mmmm...same happens for me. I didn't have a problem when I downloaded it but it was a few months ago.

The only thing I notice is that it's showing as a Restricted Site (no-entry sign in bottom RHS of screen) and a warning about my security settings prohibiting running ActiveX controls?

ste_bla 15:32 26 May 2004

That warning came up with me to damn it!

ste_bla 15:38 26 May 2004

coolfreepage.com is in the restricted websites for some reason hmm..

ste_bla 15:48 26 May 2004

I downloaded it somehow if you are anyone wants it im online at random times and i could send it to you via email or a IM if you have one...

Stuartli 16:10 26 May 2004

This forum always comes up with the Restricted Site logo....:-)

However, I've every protection going and have never experienced any problems.

That includes, amongst many others, First Party Cookies enabled as Prompt and Blocking Third Party Cookies. I can still access websites despite the latter setting by clocking on Don't Allow when the warning panel comes up.

allan01 19:35 26 May 2004

Have managed to download Down2Home succesfully from here click here but when I try to install it gives the error "Cannot Register C:\Windows\System32\ASYCFilt.dll"
Anybody help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts