Internet cutting out every few seconds

Mia Treece 20:23 21 Jan 2017

A few days ago my router completely shut off and took a while to come back on. Since then it has been cutting out on both my pc and mobile every few seconds. My ping appears to be normal in games but I will randomly lag as it cuts out. The broadband and the power lights are on but the ethernet, internet and wireless lights are continuously flashing. I'm connected via ethernet cable but as I have said this is an issue on my phone as well. Any thoughts?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:55 22 Jan 2017

sounds like you need to get the line checked

click here

Secret-Squirrel 12:20 22 Jan 2017

The broadband and the power lights are on but the ethernet, internet and wireless lights are continuously flashing.

That's usually a good healthy sign for most routers. If the broadband and/or Internet LEDs were off or red then I'd be worried. The flashing LEDs for the remaining ones usually indicate data activity. Therefore I don't suspect there's anything wrong with your broadband signal nor line.

The first thing to try with Internet connection problems is to simply turn your router off for a while then turn it back on. It frequently works miracles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs