Internet Connection window 'gone'

Chris the Ancient 17:52 20 Mar 2005

I had this once before, many months ago, and I think that I didn't notice that a missing item was actually missing (if you see what I mean).

Two computers (His 'n Hers) connected via a Mentor router to ntl cable via a set top box.

On 'Her' computer, if you go Start, Settings, Network Connections, there is an 'Internet Connection' facility. Call this up, and if the machine hasn't called this facility in the current session, the Internet Connection window pops up for a few seconds then disappears. Call it up again, and it flashes through so quickly that you can't see it.

On 'His' computer (mine) I very occasionally can get the facility, but it flashes only for a naonsecond or so. Most of the time, I don't even get the option available in the list!

I have run through with Windows Washer to clean and bleach, used Ad-Aware, used spybot, used CWShredder, used

Chris the Ancient 17:54 20 Mar 2005

I had this once before, many months ago, and I think that I didn't notice that a missing item was actually missing (if you see what I mean).
Two computers (His 'n Hers) connected via a Mentor router to ntl cable via a set top box.

On 'Her' computer, if you go Start, Settings, Network Connections, there is an 'Internet Connection' facility. Call this up, and if the machine hasn't called this facility in the current session, the Internet Connection window pops up for a few seconds then disappears. Call it up again, and it flashes through so quickly that you can't see it.

On 'His' computer (mine) I very occasionally can get the facility, but it flashes only for a naonsecond or so. Most of the time, I don't even get the option available in the list!

I have run through with Windows Washer to clean and bleach, used Ad-Aware, used spybot, used CWShredder, used RegSeeker, run HiJack This with no obvious problems on my machine.

So what the heck has happened to my Internet Connection window

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?