Internet connection on startup

anskyber 13:04 02 May 2006

New PC so still configuring it.I have forgotten how to launch my internet connection on start up. The connection is made OK once I double click either the IE desktop shortcut or the ISP shortcut, all is well after that. I'm on Win XP media, BB with Wanadoo (unfortunately) ISP. Previously I had the connection on fireup so in turn the startup progs like e-mail and MSN Messenger simply connected while I made a coffee!

Methedrine 13:09 02 May 2006

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet options > Connections and check "Always dial".

anskyber 13:25 02 May 2006

Thanks. I tried that but it still would not start without clicking the shortcut on the desktop.

rawprawn 13:35 02 May 2006

Drag the shortcut icon from your desktop to "Startup" in All Programs. It will then connect as your computer starts up.

anskyber 13:52 02 May 2006

Spot on thank you very much.

Methedrine 20:59 02 May 2006

anskyber wrote "I tried that but it still would not start without clicking the shortcut on the desktop."

You could've mentioned this in your first post.

anskyber 21:15 02 May 2006

Sorry. Ive missed something here. I said "The connection is made OK once I double click either the IE desktop shortcut or the ISP shortcut, all is well after that. " I then tried your suggestion which I thank you for but it still did not work. Hence my subsequent post of "Thanks. I tried that but it still would not start without clicking the shortcut on the desktop," in other words I tried it after you had posted but it did not work. I perfectly understand that you may have read my post as I've tried it before your post. I hope that clarifies the position and I repeat that even though your suggestion did not work I am nontheless grateful for your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?