internet connection away from home

  maginipud 21:40 05 Feb 2006

Hope anyone can help!
i will be working away from home shortly for a few months and wish to take my pc with me. how will i be able to connect to the internet using my account? my pc is wireless enabled if that helps.

  ade.h 22:33 05 Feb 2006

Abroad or in the UK?

  rmcqua 05:58 06 Feb 2006

Hotels or staying in someone's home?

  GANDALF <|:-)> 09:56 06 Feb 2006

If in the UK get a dial up account from Tiscali/wanadoo and you can connect from any phone line. The calls are charged to the owner of the line at local rate. This is what I usually do if the place where I'm staying has no net access.


  rmcqua 15:04 07 Feb 2006

We're still waiting to hear from you so that we can help!

  maginipud 20:27 07 Feb 2006

sorry for the delay and thanks for your replies.
i'll be working in hospital accomodation so i'm not sure if a telephone connection will be available, i'm sure there'll be a simple solution to this. I hope!

  ade.h 20:32 07 Feb 2006

My Vodafone 3G card would - I think - allow me to use certain foreign 3G and GPRS networks by roaming, as it is quad-band. They vary in price; £200+ if buy one on PAYG, but I recently saw one for much, much less than that on contract. I haven't got a link, but the Vodafone website or a local dealer should have more info about the price plans. Mine was free on PAYG as a special offer.

  GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 07 Feb 2006

Failing all else there may be a wireless connection where you are staying or you could use a cybercafe. The Hossie accommodation around here has internet access on it's own computers.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)