internet connected but cannot find server/display

daisypol 11:22 30 May 2006

After a number of problems ie slow system, crashing, mouse dithering and settings not saved I received an error message 1402. I changed my internet security from Panda to Zone Alarm and removed Panda from the registry. I scanned for virus etc, backed up the registry and carried out scan reg/fix (the solution to error 1402). All problems appeared to be resolved until I tried to connect to the internet and I now cannot display any page at all and I get the "cannot find server/page cannot be displayed message". My broadband connection seems to be ok (I've done a ping test and get 4 responses) -I'm currently using my internet connection with another computer without any probs so assume the problem is with the machine that I've fiddled with! I am using windows ME have done the "detect internet connections" bit and I'm struggling to know what else I should be doing ....any suggestions?... (despite the waffle I'm not a techy ... just follow instructions!)

Belatucadrus 11:32 30 May 2006

First thought is to check the connection properties and make sure that TCP/IP internet protocol is ticked in the network options.

aluri 11:35 30 May 2006

or the settings in it may effect.look at the tools/internet options/then restore all the tabs their default. try now. or else download mozilla firefox net browser and try with it. ur problem may be almostly solved.

daisypol 12:07 30 May 2006

Thanks both of you -tried those but still not working - I can't download from Mozilla 'cos I can't access any pages at all...any other suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?