Internet Via Bluetooth

laurieballard 12:25 07 Oct 2004

I have a laptop and a sharp GX15 phone that has bluetooth. I can send data from the laptop to the phone but i also want to use the phone to connect to the internet. I do not currently have a landline so cannnot acess the internet via this. I want to know what equiptment i need to use and whether i need an isp account. I think i can get an isp account and set my laptop to dial the isp number via the mobile phone. If this is possible i want to know how i pay for it. does the isp charge my mobile credit or do i get a bill

your help would be appreciated

mgmcc 14:44 07 Oct 2004

<<< i also want to use the phone to connect to the internet. >>>

Did you get any software with the phone? In particular, software to install the phone as a "Bluetooth Modem" in the PC. If not, you may be able to download appropriate modem drivers from the Sharp website.

<<< I want to know what equiptment i need to use and whether i need an isp account. >>>

You shouldn't need any additional hardware. If you intend to use a Dialup connection to the internet, you will need a "pay-as-you-go" ISP account. Obviously you cannot use a monthly package with a mobile phone. The cost of the phone calls is all that you pay.

The alternative is to use GPRS which is via your phone's network provider. This is an "always on" system where you pay for the amount of data transferred rather than the time online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?