Internet Banking Blank Page

Pikaser 20:58 10 Sep 2003

What could cause a pop up box which should have the username and password spaces on HSBC from showing at all ?
The box just remains entirely blank .
It's IE6 and XP Pro , the 1E6 security settings seem to work fine on dial up but not broadband and this is the only site there is a problem accessing , other secure sites work fine .
Have tried adding DNS servers , entered it in the trusted sites in Explorer , security is medium high....help!

MH51 21:10 10 Sep 2003

Maybe you have a pop up blocking software on your computer which is doing it.

Pikaser 21:19 10 Sep 2003

There is no pop up software installed , and any other pop ups come up fine , it's really puzzling !

Switcher 21:40 10 Sep 2003

Had a similar problem with CO_OP bank and was talked through changing JAVA settings on I.E. advanced settings.

Unfortunately can't remember what setting had to be changed.

emmandelo1 21:46 10 Sep 2003

Had the same problem with the BT site when I first installed XP Pro. The cure was:
open run command and type in

regsvr32 urlmon.dll (space between the 2 and the u) don't know how but it worked.

Pikaser 22:04 10 Sep 2003

Thanks to all of you , will try your suggestions and let you know , it's my wee sister's pc

Pikaser

keith-236785 22:19 10 Sep 2003

you will probably find you dont have the Microsoft virtual manager (java) installed, Micro$oft have withdrawn it from windows XP due to court action against them.

the file you need is msjavx86, do a search on google and you should find it. install and that should solve your problem.

if you have trouble finding it i may be able to send it to you (it is quite a big file though, 6.32 MB)

good luck.

one way to check is to go to click here, click on products ,

the window that opens has an aplet which requires this file to be installed, if you dont have it the panel on the left remains a nasty grey colour instead of showing you your purchases.

SEASHANTY 22:28 10 Sep 2003

^

Pikaser 21:30 11 Sep 2003

Switcher,emmandelo , tried both of your suggestions , the java settings seem correct - I went through the various combinations and also ran regsvr32 urlmon.dll , but to no avail .
paperman27
Installing the file totally did the trick . I went to click here and tried that , and the panel stayed grey , so I went ahead and installed and got the page up - YAY !

Cheers to all of you for your help , much appreciated .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)