Internet abroad please advise simply

Jeyjey2 19:26 16 May 2018

I am going to Spain for 1 week in June and would like to get the internet on my iPad. I would also like to get English tv over there. I want to watch it through the tv not my iPad so need connections. I will be using this quite a lot so will want to know the cheapest way of doing this. Could some one advise me in very simple terms what I need to do for all these things.

difarn 21:12 16 May 2018

If you have a smartphone can you tether that to your ipad to use it as a hotspot. At the moment roaming charges have been abolished in the EU and you can use your UK data plan. You should check with your provider.

The tv may be a lot more difficult and not worth it for a stay of a week. It would very likely involve a satellite dish and a receiver/decoder.

wee eddie 21:41 16 May 2018

Beware. You may be expected to pay by the minute

difarn 23:03 16 May 2018

@ wee eddie

I use my smartphone in the EU using the data plan that I have in the UK as there are no roaming charges at the moment. When I was in Germany and France recently I received messages from my provider telling me that roaming was free in accordance with the limits of my data plan. When I went through Luxembourg I received a message to say that roaming charges would apply. As I said the OP needs to check with his/her internet provider just to be on the safe side.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs