internal modem

RSC 13:19 03 Apr 2003

Hi
My system is a Pentium II, 64 MB, running on a windows 98 package. My problem is that I have an internal modem which is not being recognised by the system. I selected LAN settings my mistake. Therefore I cannot connect to the internet. The dial up connection window is not providing me with an option to select internal modem.

I was advised by tiny to uninstall the modem and then reinstall. However when I reintall the system cannot find the correct driver for it. How can I resolve this?

Allan-263226 13:50 03 Apr 2003

What type of modem is it? Do a search on click here and enter Drivers For(the name of your product).

RSC 09:46 04 Apr 2003

Hi My system is a Pentium II, 64 MB, running on a windows 98 package.

The modem is an internal modem 'HSP K56FLEX PNPP/F/V' with a PC-TEL driver. The computer was bought from Tiny and I have now managed to reinstall the the modem by getting the driver from their restore disk.

However I selected 'LAN settings' instead of 'internal modem' when I was using the Netscape launcher. I no longer have netscape so how can I deselect LAN settings and select internal modem. My internet connection is not working. The dial up connection window is not providing me with an option to select internal modem. There is no dial tone when I try to connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming