Internal Hard Drive not showing up

tbcsoccer4 02:30 23 Feb 2018

Hey guys,

I am having an issue with one of my internal hard drives. My solid state drive works fine. But I have a 2 TB Toshiba drive that does not show up. I have gone into device manager and I can not see it, but I have gone in device manager before and it showed up so I formatted it and it worked for a short time. This happened a handful of times. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance

wiganken2 08:18 23 Feb 2018

First ensure the SATA cable is firmly plugged in at both ends. It is also possible that the SATA port on the motherboard has become faulty so try another SATA port if you have one spare. Also feel the hard drive with a finger to see if it is running. You should feel a very slight vibration. If you cannot feel it running then it is a power problem so check the power cable connections. Of course the drive could have failed but at least you can eliminate those possible causes first.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:51 23 Feb 2018

If swapping ports doesn,t work tray another power / data cable

alexjones6 09:09 25 Feb 2018

Can you see it in the bios?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?