Intermittent WiFi Disconnection - Limited Connecti

kaioneill 23:20 09 Jun 2018

Hi,

I've been having issues with my WiFi intermittently disconnecting and being unable to function and comes up as No Internet, Secures in the menu. The time between drops varies but restarting the connection usually fixes it after a few tries.

When I troubleshoot the issue on windows, it more often then not says the problem is with my wireless adaptor which it resets, fixing the problem until it cuts out again like normal, sometimes however, it says there is an IP resolving problem or the connection between my access ports and router is faulty but these are rare.

When on Chrome and it happens, the site goes to a network change error before refresh where it goes to an IP error. If I look at video stats on YouTube, the network activity seems to drop to 0 while connection speed remains the same.

This issue only occurs on my PC, i have tried many things to fix it and have even factory reset it to no avail. I have a WiFi extender upstairs in my house (however I never connect to it) but the problem remains there too. I cannot try Ethernet as my PC does not have a port.

Thank You

difarn 23:28 09 Jun 2018

If you want to try ethernet you can get usb-ethernet adapters

click here wondering if things will be any better if you change the wifi channel on your router?

I'm

kaioneill 09:21 10 Jun 2018

Unfortunately, I've already tried changing WiFi channel twice but it's not fixed it. And I've looked into usb-ethernet ports and might try that. thanks though.

kaioneill 09:22 10 Jun 2018

Unfortunately, I've already tried changing WiFi channel twice but it's not fixed it. And I've looked into usb-ethernet ports and might try that. Thanks though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:37 10 Jun 2018

Some tthings to try click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?