insurance claim?

  john1000 21:14 03 Sep 2004

i have a fitsitu laptop 2.4 pentium 30 gb hard drive 32mb video that i purchased 14 months ago for £1100 a few nights ago i a cup ot tea was knocked over and it spilt on to the key board i quickly pulled the charger out and switched it off.i dryed it out as much as i can and switched it on it booted ok and everything seemed ok untilk some of the keys would not respond i knew then my keyboard must have shorted the next day it woulkd not boot up just got the fitsitsu splash screen then nothing cant even enter bios.Phoned my house insurance and was told it was covered under accidendtal damage and was told a company called source would be in contact with me my question that i would like to ask is i think liquid might have damaged my motherboard which is why it wont boot up or i cant go into bios or setup i have asked a well known repair centre for a price to fit a motherboard and keyboard and they have said £795 but have got to order board and could take 6 weeks to get it plus they said there could be further damage will my insurance company let source repair laptop which might be more expensive or just replace with vochers etc but this would mean that this company has lost money by not repairing if you know what i mean i dont want to wait 6 weeks for board then to be told hard drive is shot or anything else but i feel the insurance company will act on what these say what do you think this is the first time this has happened and i dont know the procedure they do thanks

  johnsims 00:07 04 Sep 2004

You must not let anyone undertake repairs until the insurer has signed them off. They will usually want to appoint the repairer themselves as they will try to haggle a deal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?