SAH 15:10 13 Jul 2003

If I've got a vocal version of a song on CD, is there any way of stripping the vocal from the song to turn it into an instrumental version?
I can go into Power DVD to play the CD and there is an option to select "Karaoke" but it is not highlighted if you know what I mean!

Can anyone help me please.

  jazzypop 15:35 13 Jul 2003

click here for a simple explanation. click here for much more info.

  SAH 15:51 13 Jul 2003


Thanks for that. Is the software free to download? The information you sent me suggests Karaoke CDs, the problem with those is that in a lot of cases you don't get the original music.

  jazzypop 15:57 13 Jul 2003

The first link (to the TechTV site) describes two free plug-ins. Each of these require the free Winamp program.

The second option offers a free-to-try program that requires $15 for the full version.

The second link offers dozens of options - I don'y understand where Karaoke CDs comes into it all.

  SAH 16:02 13 Jul 2003


Thanks for that.

The article you sent me mentioned Karaoke CDs possibly giving the best results.

  -pops- 16:10 13 Jul 2003

Nero will strip out vocals from recordings before writing them to CD. click here and scroll down to Nero Manual had have a look in that.

I don't know how good or otherwise it is!


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts