Installing a new printer driver

goforit 18:50 15 Aug 2008

I was recently told by someone from Choice Stationery (on this site I think) that I should install an up-to-date driver for my Epson Stylus Photo R300.

The reason is I keep getting a boring dialog box telling me my cartrigdes are not genuine epson every time I print. I know by law the notice should appear once.

My question I have to uninstall anything first?

I am a bit nervous because one site said I should create a system restore point first and I haven't a clue how to do that. Not even sure I can on my setup. (Win XP Pro SP2)

Technotiger 19:20 15 Aug 2008

To create a System Restore Point ... Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and click on Create a Restore Point, then follow on-screen prompts.

Download the latest driver for your printer from the Epson site to your Desktop. Then you can uninstall the old driver (Control Panel Add/Remove) before your Install your new driver. Best to disconnect the printer before the re-install, you will be prompted by the software when to re-connect your printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?