Installing apps no longer available on MS Store

boney80 17:09 07 Nov 2018
Answered

Is there a way to install apps that are no longer available via the Microsoft Store?

Specifically, I want The Guardian newspaper app which was "retired" late last year.

I still have the app installed on my desktop PC, and it continues to work... but a recent laptop upgrade means I no longer have it on my laptop, and I can't find any way to install it.

I appreciate that the app is no longer updated, but providing it still functions, I'd like to continue using it.

Is there any way to get it back?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 07 Nov 2018

click here it is here if you really want it click here

but

boney80 18:50 07 Nov 2018

While I appreciate the replies, neither are helpful.

Surely there must be a workaround to install old apps. I can't be the only person who has ever needed to do this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 07 Nov 2018

Have you looked at the links I posted?

the first is from Guardian saying why they discontinued the app and the second is a link where you can still download the app.

boney80 02:04 08 Nov 2018

@Fruit Bat - Yes, I looked at the links. The first said it was being "retired", which is exactly what I wrote in the original post. The second is the old download page that clearly says "The Guardian is currently not available." Does it say something different for you?

@MJS WARLORD - Again, thanks for the reply but it doesn't help me. I appreciate the suggestion but I am already aware of The Guardian website. I want the app. It wasn't an app that I ever recall having an executable installer for; it was all installed via Microsoft Store, so there's nothing I could have saved (I don't think so anyway.)

Matt Berry 18:12 09 Nov 2018
Answer
  boney80 22:08 10 Nov 2018

Thanks Matt Berry. That seems to have worked. I searched all over. I don't know how I managed to miss that video.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)