Installing Acronis TI9 over the free edition

lester1 22:54 13 Jun 2006

According to the instructions for TI9 it can be installed over older versions. Does this apply to the Free Personal eddition? I seam to recall some advise about uninstalling the old version first

woodchip 23:03 13 Jun 2006

I have had and used free versions but I removed from Add Remove before installing 9

mgmcc 23:04 13 Jun 2006

I would be inclined to uninstall the trial version first, as some of the full version's features are disabled in the trial. I installed it in someone's PC and we did uninstall the trial version first.

lester1 23:05 13 Jun 2006

Thanks woodchip I suppose you delated the Secure Zone and all of the old images as well

terryf 23:07 13 Jun 2006

When you uninstal also look for remnants left behind, do a file search for Acronis and delete (i think driver files get left)

woodchip 00:19 14 Jun 2006

Secure Zone Never use it. I load it on the Hard Drive then create a Boot Rescue CD in the Program. It's no good in Windows if Windows do's not start. You also need to have a Image that you can load, ether on the first Partition of a Externall Drive or in a Partition or extra Drive in your PC

lester1 00:33 14 Jun 2006

Oh I thought that Secure Zone was preferable because the Zone is hidden from Windows and will not be corrupted by defragging.

I am currently running the free edition images on my external USB drive. That is both Secure Zone and normal images.

BTW this version of TI9 is labeled "Boot Disk" does that mean I don't need to burn a recovery CD?

woodchip 00:40 14 Jun 2006

No IDEA I Got the Download version along with Acronis Disc Director Suite 10 and burned them to disc my self. As it was cheaper. You can find out. Just try starting with the CD, if it starts you can exit when it get loaded it does no hard in the DOS environment. It's only Windows that you cannot shut down like that as it corrupts that much data and files. as it's writing to disc all the time

woodchip 00:42 14 Jun 2006

PS I don't bother with the Backup side I think that is what it's for. I only make and restore full Images. I do other backups manualy to other drives and partitions to keep my data up to date

lester1 00:52 14 Jun 2006

OK I might play safe and burn a recovery disc anyway as well as creating a Secure Zone on my USB drive just in case.

lester1 00:55 14 Jun 2006

woodchip
Wed, 14/06/[email protected]:42

PS I don't bother with the Backup side I think that is what it's for. I only make and restore full Images. I do other backups manualy to other drives and partitions to keep

I do that as well, like I said Belt and Braces

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?