installed new driver for tablet- problems

goforit 22:54 26 Jul 2008

Hi,
I installed a new driver from the Wacom site for my Intuos 3 (checked carefully I had the right driver). As directed, I uninstalled the previous version first.

However, now the stylus does not seem to be able to recognise the tablet 'area' correctly and I find that the tablet itself does not appear on the list of hardware in the control panel.

I am very technically challenged over this so any comments, please make them as idiot-proof as poss.

Thanks

ambra4 23:53 26 Jul 2008

Uninstall the new driver and reinstall the the old driver

Was there a problem you was having with the old drivers

goforit 10:35 27 Jul 2008

Thanks Ambra4. No I wasn't having problems with the old driver but thought I should keep drivers up to date. Unfortunately, I didn't have a copy of the old driver so don't know what to do.

As you can see I am fairly technically challenged!
Woe is me, I'm seriously stuck without my tablet!

Sophie

jack 10:46 27 Jul 2008

Worked OK uninstall the whole application
Then dig out the CD and start over.

You did not mention which operating system you have- always useful - Vista for example has considerable problems with drivers for older devices

goforit 11:07 27 Jul 2008

Thanks so much for your reply Jack. Thankfully, I still have the CD. So I will try that.

T0SH 11:40 27 Jul 2008

In XP and I believe in Vista there is a "driver roll back" to a previous version button available from the device properties on the Driver tab

Cheers HC

goforit 11:19 28 Jul 2008

Thanks very much Tosh. I will go looking for that. It sounds a very handy thing to know about.

Meanwhile, I have been able to re-install the original driver so I am happily back on track.

Sophie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?