Inkjet All-in-one Printers

avesnes1 17:14 08 Jan 2010

After twelve years of using Epson printers, my current machine (DX4050) has started to give inconsistent results when using compatible cartridges. (and I read elsewhere on this site that others have had a similar experience.)

Hence I am contemplating buying a new all-in-one inkjet. Budget is upto £75-£80, usage at home is low and space is not a problem.

I would appreciate members' views and recommendations as to which machines I ought to be considering given my recently acquired apprehension about Epson products.

mooly 17:29 08 Jan 2010

I have a DX4050 and found compatables rubbish. The only ones I use are Jettecs,
click here
which are available at reasonable prices if you google it. They have 90% longer life to than originals.
Can't fault them... or the DX4050 come to that.

The Kestrel 17:50 08 Jan 2010

I too am looking to buy an all-in-one printer and am considering the Epson SX515W click here .

avesnes1 16:25 09 Jan 2010

Mooly and The Kestrel - thanks for the replies - the PC World price for the SX515W is being matched by Comet at the moment.

Any other general comments/guidance from members would be much appreciated.

interzone55 17:41 09 Jan 2010

I've just bought an HP Photosmart C6280, it isn't cheap (£250 RRP, but bought ex-display from Staples for £73.83) but it's much, much better than any of the Epson printers I've had in the past.

HP have a number of budget printers that are probably in your price range, such as this click here

Grey Goo 23:10 09 Jan 2010

Always been an Epson person but bought the wife a Canon Pixma MP640 for Christmas. Absolutely superb, wireless, duplex printing and DVD printing. I really must let her use it sometime. A bit over your budget but comes with a load of applications and sets itself up pretty much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)