Infra-red problem - PLEASE HELP!

sobeitjedi 16:09 09 Aug 2003

Hi.

I have a USB infra-red adapter and wish to use it with my Nokia 7210 to transfer ringtones and back up my address book etc.

I believe the adapter is installed correctly (via plug n play) and Windows XP recognises that my phone is near as an icon appears in the system tray to say that they are communicating.

My problem is that I have two pieces of software (LogoManager and Oxygen Phone Manager II) that state my phone is not connected. I have tried with both pieces of software to change the connection settings to Infra Red connection but still no joy. Anyone got any ideas?

JIM 17:00 09 Aug 2003

Not my cuppy tea one bit.

When you said,

I believe the adapter is installed correctly (via plug n play) and Windows XP recognises that my phone is near, as an icon appears in the system tray to say that they are communicating.

my "silly" instinct in my head asked,if sobeitjedi is right could he/she dial up from PC to check connection to phone.

Will do as a refresh what-ever.

pepe 17:32 09 Aug 2003

I have a Nokia 9210i Communicator, and infrared connection is only one way (from PC to Phone). The only way I can connect to do what you want is via an RS232 serial connection. My cable came with my phone, if you have one try to connect this way and all should be well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts