Information on Networking Required

[DELETED] 22:42 30 Mar 2006

I have a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router for my BB with 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port. I want to be able to use BB on my 2nd PC. I have limited knowledge of all this but have been told that I will need another router with 4 ports ie Netgear Cabe Router and a network cable Cat 5 Patch and not a crossover.
I am well confused with what ethernet means as opposed to USB.
Also looking through various sites on what cable to purchase - what is booted and unbooted?
Please could someone guide me through all the jargon and recomend the simplest way to set up 2 PC's to run BT BB using a wired router?

Forum Editor 22:47 30 Mar 2006

but not here - this thread should really be in our Networking forum, and I'll move it there now.

[DELETED] 22:50 30 Mar 2006

Check the documentation for your router to see if they can be used together. My router has a USB and an Ethernet port which means I can connect to BOTH connections at the same time.

For e.g. my desktop is permanately connected via Ethernet to the router and if the wireless acces is a bit 'touchy' I connect the laptop via USB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?