Info on setting up PC based Home Theatre

HenryVII 13:04 21 Jan 2019

I'm looking for a guide - article/blog/book - on how to set up a home theatre / tv / audio configuration based around a PC.

Up to now I have used STB+TV+DVD player+Sound bar. I am moving home this year and would like to use PC+Monitor+TV Tuner+Amp+Speakers/Sound bar+DVD player +HDD recorder. Basically getting rid of the TV and using a suitable monitor instead.

I would appreciate any pointers.

aquatarkus 15:43 22 Jan 2019

Hi there If setting up an HTPC then would suggest you take a look at the links below for starters. have you thought about what front end you want to use, Emby, Kodi, Mediaportal or J River?. click here (Would start by reading this 1st) click here (this is my software of choice) click here lot should give you a good starting point of what to look for and how to set up, Are you going to use a Freeview TV card or a Freesat TV card or both? for TV cards the best are probably the Blackgold ones but can be a bit expensive.

If you have any more questions just ask.

href

That

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, 16in MacBook Pro news and rumours

Xiaomi Mi 9 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs