info on crossover

YAMA 22:58 09 Nov 2005

hi can you help. I have the crossover cable. for conecting the laptop&pc, what to do next, please help. lost my contact, thanks yama

AndySD 23:25 09 Nov 2005

Where the working as a network before.

YAMA 01:09 10 Nov 2005

hi, thanks did you get my first reply only my pc went uck had to re- boot, regards yama

YAMA 01:16 10 Nov 2005

No well this is what i said,( GOT THIS FAR,--CONCT CREAT A NEW CONECTION--SET ADVANCE CONETION--CONECT DIRECTLEY TO ANOTHER COMPUTOR--HAVE THE LAPTOP AS GUEST---AND THE PC AS HOST,------WELL WHENT INTO DEVICES FOR THIS CONECTION, --TICK ON DIRECT PARALLEL (PLTI) IN THE PC, CAME TO DO SAME IN L/T, BUT NO DIRECT PARALLEL HERE, ?????? SO WERE DO i GO FROM THERE. GOT TO HAVE THE SAME IN EACH ONE,??? THANKS ,YAMA

YAMA 01:24 10 Nov 2005

No well this is what i said,( GOT THIS FAR,--CONECT TO CREATE A NEW CONECTION--SET ADVANCE CONETION--CONECT DIRECTLY TO ANOTHER COMPUTOR--HAVE THE LAPTOP AS GUEST---AND THE PC AS HOST,------WELL WENT INTO DEVICES FOR THIS CONECTION, --TICK ON DIRECT PARALLEL (PLTI) IN THE PC, CAME TO DO SAME IN LAPTOP, BUT NO DIRECT PARALLEL HERE, ?????? SO WERE DO i GO FROM THERE. GOT TO HAVE THE SAME IN EACH ONE,??SO IT SAYS?///

THANKS ,YAMA

AndySD 01:36 10 Nov 2005

Ok that wont work has the pc got windows XP if it has and is connected to the internet then connect the pc and laptop with the cable and turn them on then on the pc click here (you would be well advised to check that your firewall is set to networking first)

YAMA 13:09 10 Nov 2005

thanks andy will give it a go and let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?