Infection!! Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.u - Help pls,

AngeTheHippy 10:34 13 Oct 2005

Morning Chaps,

I suspected **something** was wrong when the 'Virus Detected' window appeared this morn - I use AVG free. I've been using this s/w for a while now, and have no complaints, as it's always been very thorough scan wise. I scan each morning. Yesterdays found a virus, placed in vault...I deleted it. Did another scan, it found it again in 'restore' so I deleted it again (from vault)turned off sys restore, restarted PC, did another scan and it found nothing. I've turned on restore again. Yesterday pm, I used both ad-aware & spybot and only the low-level threats that are usually found were detected. However, I just clicked to open my browser, Firefox, and after a moment got the 'Virus Detected' small screen from AVG - it only stays on screen for about 20 seconds and I didn't take down all info it flagged up. I did however, do another scan and nothing was detected, and nothing was in the vault! I used an on-line scan, 'Kaspersky' using Explorer browser, and it detected 1 Virus, 4 infected files. It doesn't, however, remove these from the PC, so I don't know what to do next. This is what it reported:

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 79409
Number of viruses found: 1
Number of infected objects: 4
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 3830 sec

Infected Object Name - Virus Name
C:\Documents and Settings\Ange\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\menu.jr-4a039e1a-5a2158b8.zip/NudeBox.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.u

C:\Documents and Settings\Ange\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\menu.jr-4a039e1a-5a2158b8.zip/VerifierBug.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.u

C:\Documents and Settings\Ange\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\menu.jr-4a039e1a-5a2158b8.zip/Worker.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.u

C:\Documents and Settings\Ange\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\menu.jr-4a039e1a-5a2158b8.zip Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.u

Scan process completed.

My OS is XP home.

Please can someone help me with this one?

Many thanks,

AngeTheHippy
xx

VoG II 10:49 13 Oct 2005

click here may help.

johnnyrocker 10:51 13 Oct 2005

best bet do a google search for 'stinger' there are a number in the search but get the mcaffee one d/loaded to a floppy and run it, it should solve your problem,

johnny.

SANTOS7 11:14 13 Oct 2005

Had similar i just followed the file path C:\Documents and Settings\dave\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache, and manual
deleted the infected files..

johnnyrocker 11:31 13 Oct 2005

would appear i was offering a sledgehammer.

johnny.

SANTOS7 11:33 13 Oct 2005

sometimes you need sledgehammers to get rid of the stuff that seems to find a way onto your PC..

AngeTheHippy 13:17 13 Oct 2005

thanks so much for your help with this. VoG™,your link proved excellent advice - I did as was suggested, cleared the cache in Java and then did another scan using Kasparsky and nothing found!

Thanks again, until the next time.... and there WILL BE a next time, I can almost guarantee that!!

AngeTheHippy
xxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?