infected again

karl1483 10:29 14 Jun 2005

i have run ATS again for the 100th time and once again i am infected with the following
1.winmine
2.svchosting
3.trojan fstart
4.tweakfx_startup
5.tinstall_4_0_3_8_b17
6.i-worm.soltern.e

does anyone now how to stop this in the first place i though i was antivirused and firewalled etc up to the eyeballs.help

rawprawn 10:39 14 Jun 2005

I don't know what they are and I haven't seen your ealier posts, but have you tried turning system restore off,rebooting scanning and deleting again. Then turn system restore back on.
You don't give your OS.

karl1483 10:44 14 Jun 2005

sorry my system is athlon 64 2800 512mb ram running win xp with sp2. will try the system restore and then see what happens.are there any programs out there that i can use to protect myself from these problems.
karl

rawprawn 11:28 14 Jun 2005

Not sure what you mean "i was antivirused and firewalled etc up to the eyeballs.help" Please be clear which AV and which firewall, also are you running Spybot, Adaware, etc

rawprawn 11:32 14 Jun 2005

If my earlier suggestion doesn't work, try the same again in safe mode (Tap F8 on boot)

gudgulf 13:43 14 Jun 2005

If the ATS you are talking about is Anti-Trojan Shield then I suggest you have a look at the full path to each "trojan" etc identified on your system.As a matter of interest I downloaded the free trial scanner and checked my system.My system which is clean according to Hijack This, NOD32,MS Antispware,Adaware,SpybotS&D and a2,is protected by SpywareBlaster and a Hosts file and on which I had run ccleaner and RegSeeker to clear any temp files etc.The scan with ATS found 39 trojans,worms and other nasties!!.It detected the following downloaded zip files as containing nasties....the installation files for Adaware,Spybot S&D,SpywareBlaster,a2,ccleaner,CleanUp,CPU-Z and FRAPS....all known and all safe.AOL,Kodak Easyshare,Firefox and some educational software used by my wife were amongst other known programs were also identified as containing trojans and worms etc.

In short every single one found is a false positive.So have a look at exactly what it says contains the nasties on your system and report back.....I would ditch this product and take no notice whatsoever about the results of the scan.I for one am more than a little surprised at the number of antimalware tools that were identified as having nasties in their installation files!.

gudgulf 14:11 14 Jun 2005

Don't how well this will copy,but here's the log of my c drive scan with ATS.

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_AOL 9.0a\Unagi\ampx.exe

Virus "Backdoor.Mkfxut" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\CCS\CCSStop.exe

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vgkklujq.default\Cache(3)\B1EE7072d01

Virus "tool" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vgkklujq.default\Cache(5)\2E724D6Fd01

Virus "tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\aawsepersonal.exe

Virus "exclean" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\ccsetup119.exe

Virus "tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\plvx2cleaner.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\spybotsd13.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\spybotsd14.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Adware and Spyware Tools\Antispyware Setup Programs\spywareblastersetup34.exe

Virus "tool" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Computer Diagnostic Tools\fraps233.exe

Virus "tool" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Computer Diagnostic Tools\Cyclic Redundancy Check Fixes\CDCheckSetup.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Defragmenters\ntregopt-setup.exe

Virus "tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\File Recovery\handyrecovery-fw.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\General\pebuilder313.exe

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Overclocking\ATITool_0.0.23.exe

Virus "Neon2004keylog.syncconfig" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Overclocking\CPU_Z\cpuz.exe

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\P2P\BitTornado-0.3.7-w32install.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\P2P\klcodec234f.exe

Virus "exclean" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\P2P\LimeWireWin.exe

Virus "exclean" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Windows +web Trail Cleaners\ccsetup119.exe

Virus "I-Worm.LovGate.t" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Downloads\Utilities\Windows +web Trail Cleaners\CleanUp312.exe

Virus "tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17" detected in c:\Documents and Settings\Rachel\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SVK34B4R\aspupdate_us[1].exe

Virus "tool" detected in c:\Fraps\uninstall.exe

Virus "Trojan.Fstart" detected in c:\Program Files\a2 free\Engine\jpeg.a2s

Virus "Trojan.Fstart" detected in c:\Program Files\a2 free\Engine\poly.a2s

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Program Files\BitTornado\uninst.exe

Virus "exclean" detected in c:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe

Virus "tweakfx_setup" detected in c:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Current\UK\acssetup.exe

Virus "tsinstall_4_0_3_8_b17" detected in c:\Program Files\Common Files\aolback\Comps\asp\aspsetup.exe

Virus "Backdoor.dr.webv4.32b" detected in c:\Program Files\Common Files\aolback\Comps\fw\nisale.exe

Virus "Backdoor.AutoUpdate" detected in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Researcher\ER2001.exe

Virus "quickbfc1" detected in c:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\tools\fixcodecs.exe

-
-

karl1483 17:00 14 Jun 2005

thanks gudgulf, all the things you highlighted in your scan are virtually same as mine, think i will stop worrying now, and thank you also rawprawn think i leave it be now.ta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?