Incredimail help please

rins36 23:34 03 Aug 2003

I am still having probs with this, i have been away on hols & now getting the message "bad login" when i try to read the messages that are in the in box

If i use add / remove progs to delete this then reinstall will i lose all of the e-mails that are curently in my in box that have been read

Any advice or help on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

woody 00:23 04 Aug 2003

If you remove the program i think you would loose the emails.Why not backup the folder and then remove/reload from clean source.Only then when all is working ok bring in the old emails.

rins36 22:24 04 Aug 2003

up

rins36 23:40 04 Aug 2003

Thanks woody for your help/advice, i will take this in to concideration

But does anyone on here us incredimail that can help me with this????????????

rawprawn 07:56 05 Aug 2003

I had a problem with Incredimail & after a lot of trouble searching the registry trying to delete it all, I reverted back to Outlook. I didn't lose any emails, as far as I know emails are held solely by the ISP & programs like Incredimail are just tools to go & fetch it.

rawprawn 07:57 05 Aug 2003

I will add a rider to that I didn't lose any emails as far as I know.

Smiler 15:08 05 Aug 2003

You would still have most e-mails left on the server if your e-mail reader is configured to leave a copy on the server when read, but if not, they get wiped as soon as you read them. I have been using incredmail for quite a while now and haven't had any real problems. As Woody suggests back up the mail files under incredimail and restore when you have incredimail working properly.

golfpro 16:43 05 Aug 2003

I know this dosen't help you with your problem, but I had so many problems with Incredimail, I deinstaled it and went back to Outlook Express. my biggest problem was replying to Emails, it just would not send them. I could send mail ok, but not Relpy.

Lionheart? 16:45 05 Aug 2003

Must be lucky been using Incredimail for months without any problems.

rawprawn 17:12 05 Aug 2003

I hated incredimail, which is why I uninstalled, it just seemed to want to take over. I rate it with aol

rins36 22:20 05 Aug 2003

Thanks for the replies on this post.....sorted out bad log in....forgot that password had been changed.....

however Incredimail is jumping around all over the screen for about 10-15seconds when i try to send either a forward e-mail or a new e-mail message.....

Any advice/help on the kangaroo situ will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)