INCD and easyreader writer

ginger103 15:36 28 Jun 2007

ON my desktop computer using OS XPwith SP2 I have been having numerous problems with Nero INCD and easy reader writer.
Does anyone no of a different Company who can supply this software [free if possible].
Or maybe there is another method of doing the same job

rawprawn 16:09 28 Jun 2007

Roxio does it for me, but not free. It was preloaded on my machine.

click here

pj123 17:38 28 Jun 2007

What are you trying to do?

You don't need InCD on your computer at all.

ginger103 21:45 28 Jun 2007

Thank you for your replies
Rawprawn Ithink I will have to try ROXIO.
pj123.. I want to erase or format Nrro has stopped doing it on its own program and also onINCD.THIS HAPPENS TO OFTEN FOR ME.
When i uninstall and reinstall nero it knocks out my dvd and my dvd drives.I also keeps telling me that INCD is present but has failed to start.
This is why i would like to try a different software.

sunny staines 00:05 29 Jun 2007

what ver of nero are you using

sunny staines 00:05 29 Jun 2007

what ver of nero are you using

ginger103 15:54 29 Jun 2007

sunnyy staines,
I am using NERO 7

sunny staines 17:09 29 Jun 2007

i only have nero6 have you tried deleting INCD then going to ahead web site and doing a fresh download of INCD and installing again, I think your copy may have been corrupted somehow.

I use INCD a lot and find it a useful program.
not sure what easyreader writer is but it might be causing a clash with INCD. [I know nero and roxio clash if on the same pc]

pj123 17:32 29 Jun 2007

I had many, many problems with Nero 7 and went back to Nero 6. I do not have InCD installed at all. I just use Nero in Multisession mode to burn DVD/CD RWs and don't have any problems. You can add/delete files as and when you need to.

Don't forget InCD will only work on ReWritable disks. It won't work on WORM disks.

I am also finding that I am using RW disks less and less now as they are not very stable.

sunny staines 18:50 29 Jun 2007

pj123 whats a WORM disk i've not heard of that. no had problems yet with cd/rw or dvd/rw discs yet do they wear out after repeated overwriting?

ginger103 20:26 29 Jun 2007

Thank you all for your inputs
the upshot of it all I think nero 7 is rubbish I have uninstalled it and re installed Nero 6
again my thanks for your time and trouble

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

Best Mac video editors

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts