Importing contacts from one gmail account to new

petethegrate 18:11 05 Jun 2018

I have recently upgraded my gmail to the latest version as promoted by Google of course. I decided to create another gmail account with a different email name and no problems. However, I just can’t workout how to import my contacts list from my original account – plus – for some reason I can’t now find my contact list in my original account.

I have looked at various articles on line but they seem to refer to the previous version of gmail and don’t seem to apply to the upgrade. (Well I can’t seem to follow them!!! Can anyone help please? Pete.

difarn 00:35 06 Jun 2018

Have you tried

Click on the Gmail in the top left

When the dropdown appears, select Contacts

In the top level navigation, select More

When the dropdown appears, select Restore Contacts

If this works and contacts are restored you could try to import them to your new account, if you haven't already tried what is suggested.

click here

petethegrate 08:08 06 Jun 2018

Thank you for replying and offering advice. I have tried what you advise and this is where my problem has started. Clicking on ANY of the icons at top left of the gmail screen doesn’t give any dropdown lists. So I can’t proceed from there at all. I attach a screen shot to show what I see. 1"/> hope you can see this as I’m a bit new to doing this kind of thing. (I’m only 84 so I still have time to learn!!) Pete

I

difarn 23:57 06 Jun 2018

As you have an updated version of G-Mail do you have 9 dots in the top right-hand corner? If so try clicking on them to see if contacts appear.

If you want to revert back to the old-style you can do so if you follow the instructions in this article. The article also has an image showing the 9 dots that I mention above.

click here

petethegrate 07:51 08 Jun 2018

Thanks for further advice. Yes, I know about the 9 dots drop down list as I use it to access Google Drive. However, I had never realised that if I scrolled down there would be further selections. Have now found the 'contacts' item. So simple when you know how so thanks again. I will now proceed . . . Pete

difarn 22:07 10 Jun 2018

Hope it all sorts itself out.

petethegrate 18:03 12 Jun 2018

Thanks for reply Mariroma, but as mentioned in previous postings, that didn't work. However, following earlier advice I have now managed to do what I need. Thanks again for taking the trouble. Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable