"Import Pictures and Videos" Window Not Appearing

NETCHRIS 13:13 08 Jul 2008

Hello, I seem to have a problem in Vista on my Dell Dimension E520 machine, basically every time I insert a memory card from my camera's into the 13 in 1 memory card reader, usually the Windows Vista "Import Pictures and Videos" window pops up automatically and says "Would you like to import?", when I insert any form of flash memory (including USBs) it did this. Recently however, when I insert a memory card, I can see the green light flashing on my built-in memory card reader, but the window does not pop up, instead I have to manually go into Windows Photo Gallery and prompt the import window myself. I've tried everything from AutoPlay to options within Windows Gallery and nothing seems to work, maybe I missed something.

So, anyway I can return to my days of automatic popping up of the import window when I insert flash memory?

(Strangely, when I insert a USB stick the Windows Media Player Device Sync window comes up, and I can't make it not appear when I insert a USB)

Thanks!

NETCHRIS 13:31 08 Jul 2008

Just before I read you post I checked the Autoplay options again and realized that my pictures and video had been set-up as "Take No Action" instead of "Import using Windows".

Thanks for the help anyway. :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)