IMAP Folders Outlook 2010 Missing

BarneySollars 16:20 31 Jan 2018
Answered

Good afternoon,

I have a number of domain names and far too many email accounts. My web hosting is with Host Presto.

When I wish to set up an email account, (IMAP as I work on a variety of machines) I set up the account from the control panel online and then just enter basic details in Outlook.

The account then duly appears in outlook with a standard set of folders, Inbox, drafts, junk, Notes, Sent, Spam and Trash.

I have just started working with a new business partner and they have given me an email address. I have been through the same set up in outlook but the only default folders I have got are Inbox drafts and spam.

I have spoken to their IT advisor and he suggests that all other folders need setting up from the mail client and then rules creating to filter incoming and outgoing mail, I don't think that this is correct, note experience above.

Any advice on how to at least get a sent box and trash for the account would be very welcomed!

Many thanks,

Barney.

BarneySollars 18:36 31 Jan 2018
Answer

Not sure why the difference but I logged in to web mail, created the folders and all all well.

Thanks for looking.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus