image shack site may be infected; a warning

p;3 20:40 10 Jul 2006

as I cannot see any thread on here about this I thought it worth mentioning; I will not put in the URL (as to do so will take you to a possibly infected site ) but , it has come to light on another forum that the imageshack site used by many to upload images seems to be infected or have infected links in /on it , and computers have seemingly been infected from it; my own pc had a narrow escape by managing to evade a strange web page that presented itself to me when I clicked on an image that had been downloaded to the other forum(unawares that it was possibly infected) ; it is suggested that until the imageshack site is known to be clean and clear of any possible rogue links that one stays clear of it; if not, you may well end up with an infected pc

(and my appologies if this topic has been raised elsewhere on this section of this forum but I have not seen it)

the choice of whether you go to the imageshack site or not is yours , but at this point in time it seems that you risk possible infection if you do

octal 20:48 10 Jul 2006

Evening, I hope you are keeping well?

Do you want to email me the suspect link so I can try it? As you know I don't use windows so I'll try nasty sites without a problem.

p;3 21:00 10 Jul 2006

evening to you; work is MANNICK!!!; have mailed the link I have here to you; be careful
P3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?