If I was planning a Greek holiday

Forum Editor 09:29 09 Nov 2003

I would undoubtedly book with your company. Your site reflects the enormous amount of hard work that you've invested, and I can see how much it's improved since we first saw it. Congratulations on a very professional site, I hope it brings in lots of business.

Having said that, I feel churlish in making a design point, but I feel I know you well enough by now to know that you won't be offended.

When reading the page text I was conscious of a certain amount of tension. This is very common, and it's the result of having to read long lines of text on the screen. If I were to advise you as a client I would suggest breaking the text into short columns or/and box-outs, such as you commonly see in magazines and newspapers. This technique relaxes a reader, and enables him/her to stray away from the content - perhaps to rest, or pause for thought, and then quickly relocate his/her position on the page - the layout provides visual aids to location. Your site necessarily contains a good deal of text, and you might give thought to breaking it into more easily digestible chunks.

Please don't get me wrong - it's fine as it is, and I appreciate that to change it now would probably not be an option - you have your peak booking season on your heels - but maybe later on you might experiment a little. I'll be happy to offer some more detailed advice at that time if you think it might help.

Good luck with the site - you thoroughly deserve it, you have created something to be proud of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?