ie7 not working since last m/s update

[email protected] 09:50 14 Jun 2007

morning, i use firefox and ie7, since the last security update ie7 is not working, i just get an unable to display please check connection problems, if i use diagnose connection it tells me, no problems found.
i have checked 'automatically detect' none of my favorites work or any web page, also after the last update when i opened ie7 my av told me ie7 had changed, i selected allow changes as i guessed it was the up date, firefox works fine and all other connections, games etc,
any ideas?
tia
adam

[email protected] 09:53 14 Jun 2007

i have also reset all settings, no change, still not working

I am Spartacus 09:58 14 Jun 2007

Check your firewall settings. I had to allow it in ZoneAlarm.

birdface 10:02 14 Jun 2007

It looks as though you Have to go back into your A/V And see if you can restore old settings.It's not Norton is it.Oops you have already reset all settings,Try with your Firewall turned off.

[email protected] 10:25 14 Jun 2007

thanks guys, it does work with kaspersky 6 turned off, all blocks turned off only prompt for action turned on, with ie7 allow in trusted zone, never had problems with norton, and everytime i try something else i get grief!
thanks again

[email protected] 10:41 14 Jun 2007
  Lettervanman 11:35 14 Jun 2007

Just to say that I have got IE7 and Norton but not Firefox. The latest downloads have caused me no problems. However, we all get the downloads that are suitable for our own computer so I may not have got the same updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?