IE7 Help please!

Tinyheed 17:14 05 Jan 2007

I had IE7 on my computer for a while.Last week I downloaded it through the auto updates,but it could not complete the download,then downloaded a problem help page to my desktop.

I ran through all the help topics, no change, so i then tried a system restore but that also did,nt fix it, so then tried uninstalling IE7 through the control panel, but it gets so far then aborts.

So now i can't really do anything, I can't download anything because it won't let any pop ups appear, i can't cut and paste, i can't even see what webpages i have open at the bottom of screen because they are all blank.

If anyone has even half of a suggestion of how i can restore even IE6 could you help

Thanks in advance Tinyheed

leedaz 17:25 05 Jan 2007

click here

If you can get to this download page,try binning IE and using Firefox. Feature rich more secure browser.Or go to a friends,d/l it burn it and install off Cd. Some PC mags will have it on cover disk also.

rawprawn 17:31 05 Jan 2007

Go to Tools/Popup Blocker/Turn Off Then click here download windows cleanup utility and uninstall IE 7. I really see no reason to uninstall this program as it is very good (Unless like you, you have a problem) in which case i would uninstall and then reinstall.

User-312386 17:31 05 Jan 2007

click here

Here is a link for the main download page for IE7

rawprawn 17:34 05 Jan 2007

Very sorry that won't do at all, IE 7 is not within windows cleanup remit, however if you can follow my advice regarding turning Popup Blocker off see what you can do.

Tinyheed 17:38 05 Jan 2007

Thanks for the quick replies.

Unfortunately i can't access the tools( or favourites)They dissappeared when i this IE7 download did'nt complete

I've also tried all the downloads from the micro soft website with no luck

rawprawn 19:19 05 Jan 2007

Try Windows repair click here
print the instructions out and the use them on your problem computer.

anskyber 21:49 05 Jan 2007

If you try a Windows repair you have to uninstall IE 7 first. click here

rawprawn 08:40 06 Jan 2007

Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?