IE6 int options restricted

geordiewal 23:12 13 Jun 2003

It looks as though I have been zapped by some Malware or something similar. I am running win98, with zonealarm, avg, spyware guard, spyware blaster, adaware and spybot but I have still been zapped. My home page was changed, then when I went I tried to go in the internet options a window comes up saying:
RESTRICTIONS
this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this comp......
Can someone help please?

jazzypop 23:22 13 Jun 2003

It is likely that the NoBrowserOptions value has been changed in the Registry. If you are comfortable doing so, run Regedit and change the appropriate Registry value to 0 (zero), instead of 1 (one).

See click here for a list of restrictions that may have been applied (and how to amend them). See also click here

To prevent future 'home page hijacking', see click here

VoG® 23:30 13 Jun 2003
  geordiewal 23:45 13 Jun 2003

Smashin, did search on regedit for nobrowserop and found it in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SWARE/POLICIES/IE/RESTRICTIONS/NOBROWSEROPTIONS VALUE 0X00....(1) i HAVE CHANGED THE VALUE TO (0) AND ITS NOW FINE.
i AM VERY WORIED THAT SOMEONE CAN DO THIS TO MY MACHINE THOUGH EVEN WITH ALL THE S/WARE I HAVE GOT ON TO TRY AND PREVENT THIS HAPPENING.

VoG® 23:48 13 Jun 2003

click here will stop it happening.In fact it will stop you (or someone with access to your 'puter) changing your home page without runuing the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?