IE browser issue

bamfiesler 18:13 21 Oct 2004

Yaawwn, this is a hangover from my previous posting on the inability to get past my Ebay sign-in page. Today, I managed to get in on another PC and change my password. At home now, though, I still can't progress. I get the message 'Your browser sttings are preventing you being automatically re-directed to another URL' I can't use ANY of the links on that page, and can only go back.

Helproom members analysed the HijackThis log I posted, and reckoned all was ok, and I've been into my IE tools, but I can seee anything wrong.

Any ideas?

Pesala 18:43 21 Oct 2004

click here to read the previous thread. Sorry I can't help with this. Good to let others know what has been tried already.

Dorsai 19:14 21 Oct 2004

IF you account has been suspended, at your request, perhaps that is why you cant get in..

I have read the other tread, and would like to ask, this.. You are sure you get redirected to a bogus site, but why are you so sure. Perhaps you could post the link to the bogus site. I am an e-bay user, and it might help others to see what is going wrong.

Secondly, if you are using IE, try one of the many other browsers...

I would reccomend mozzila firefox. I use it.

click here to get it.

unless you have a very large 'history' that you wish to save, could you not just create a new account?

otherwise, over to others.

bof:) 19:30 21 Oct 2004

Hi bamfiesler,

I know that this is not a cure but have you tried running 'Startpage Guard'. This nifty little program protects your home page from being hijacked by others. If there is an attempt to hijack it, SPG just resets your page back to how you have it set ....click here

as far as I'm aware its free..mike

bamfiesler 21:55 21 Oct 2004

All kinds of stuff happening here now. Hijackthis reports three new entries, none of which it can get rid of! On deletion, they are still there after HJT does a strange Registry rebuild that I've never seen it do before!

Looks like a reformat on the cars.

I REALLY could batter the Hell out of the people who do this!!

All kinds of stuff happening here now. Hijackthis reports three new entries, none of which it can get rid of! On deletion, they are still there after HJT does a strange Registry rebuild that I've never seen it do before!

woodchip 22:07 21 Oct 2004

Have you tried click here

bof:) 22:38 21 Oct 2004

have you tried turning off your system restore, deleting the things causing a problem, reboot turn system restore back on.

what are the new entries in hijack this.

bof:) 22:39 21 Oct 2004

sorry just read other thread where you mention system restore is off

bof:) 22:43 21 Oct 2004

have you tried the stinger...click here

also have you run any of the free online antivirus programs such as Housecall...click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?