Icon in taskbar

Rhuddlan 01:43 09 Jun 2004

I have today installed Wanadoo Broadband and all is working fine, except I have an icon which is titled Safely Remove Hardware in the taskbar, when I right click on it tells me that I have to select an object to stop or eject, the only icon in the list is my usb modem, which I thought I have to keep connected at all times. I don't want to disconnect it every time I have finished with the net. I have stopped it from startup folder and tried to hide it from the taskbar, but it still appears whenever the comp starts. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this annyoning icon that isn't wanted in the taskbar, regards, Rhuddlan.

pat2068 01:54 09 Jun 2004

i also have it with ntl broadband i hide it by clicking on a empty space on my task bar properties customise click on it and hide it ntl told me i should only use it if i wanted to remove my modem leo

Rhuddlan 01:58 09 Jun 2004

Hi there, I have tried this by selecting always hide in the cutomzise option of the taskbar, but it still always appears at startup, it isn't a startup item, but is quite annoyning as I am only used to 3 startup items, anyone have any other ideas, as I don't want to disconnect my usb modem, thanks, Rhuddlan.

pat2068 02:09 09 Jun 2004

sorry that the only way i no fo hiding it cant you just leave it as it want do any harm and you dont need to disconect your usb modem as i have never disconected mine in over 2 years leo

Rhuddlan 02:32 09 Jun 2004

Thanks for the help, u have had broadband for over 2 years, wow!!! We have only had it here in this part of North Wales for 3 weeks, that's what u get for living in rural areas. Anywat I am pleased to have it now and the speed is amazing, thanks again, Regards, Rhuddlan.

rawprawn 09:56 09 Jun 2004

You will find it disappears on it's own from time to time, I think it appears when some hardware is using a usb connection, but don't worry it will do no harm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

Enter the geometric, gonzo world of Tokyo-based vector artist BloodBros

Apple Maps vs Google Maps

Test : le Mi Mix 3 de Xiaomi