Icon size problem

CiderBob 19:56 22 Apr 2003

I got an icon size problem. I installed 'PC Accelerator 6000' of a free disk and optimized my pc but I ballsed it up somewhere along the line and when I uninstalled it it did some weird things.

My minimise, maximise and close icons in top lefthand corner are tiny as is my start icon in bottom left and all the icons on the righthand side of my task bar.

How do I make them normal size please anyone???
thanx

VoG™ 22:41 23 Apr 2003

What version of Windows are you using? If ME or XP try a System Restore back to before you installed 'PC Accelerator 6000'.

Giggle n' Bits 00:04 24 Apr 2003

-s for display look around in there for say 800x400 setting or Dpi, Apperance etc. So many little things can cause it.

fitshase 00:25 24 Apr 2003

The same thing happened to me when I messed around with the accessability options.

If you are in XP:-

- right click anywhere on the desktop and select properties (or go to control panel\display)

- in the drop down box on the first tab (themes) select Windows XP

This should restore the icon settings back to default.

regards

Fitshase

CiderBob 10:30 24 Apr 2003

sorry, sould have said. I got win 98se. just to reiterate:- My minimise, maximise and close icons in top lefthand corner are tiny as is my start icon in bottom left and all the icons on the righthand side of my task bar.
All my other icons are normal size.
Thanx again
CB

beeuuem 13:46 24 Apr 2003

Try looking in Control Panel > Display >Appearance. From the drop down menu select 'active title bar'and resize this to suit your needs. The normal size is 18

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?