iamapp not responding

Gingermum 11:20 15 Jan 2004

Using ME and Norton Internet Security 2002.
I have noticed for some time that the NIS window is slow to load but everything worked fine - until today. When trying to run Live Update, after the getting the message that iamapp.exe is accessing the Internet the thing stalls. Using Ctrl+A;t+Del tells me that iamapp.exe is not responding so I can't update.

Gingermum 11:23 15 Jan 2004

(Sorry, pressed Enter)
Since my last update I did install MSN Messenger. (I know, shouldn't touch it with a barge pole but my daughter lives on the other side of the world) I did a system restore to a point before installation. Didn't work.
I've done as suggested on the Norton web and install iamapp after everything else has installed. Didn't work.
Any ideas?

BigMoFoT 11:26 15 Jan 2004

iamapp is an essential component of Norton Internet Security, think it's the main firewall program. I'd advised to do a full virus check, you may have to re-install NIS

Gingermum 11:54 15 Jan 2004

Thanks for responding. Yes, I know it's an important part and I'm wodering if I'm covered properly now. Failing anything else I will back up and try re-installing.

mrs_owen57 11:28 29 Jan 2004

I have the exact same problem and can't get around it, think it sounds like a virus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?