I want to put quality pictures on a DVD for TV use

User-C4A99A0D-B10F-4EA4-90591C97C090750A 09:58 07 Sep 2004

I'm sorry if this has been already covered, but I'm pretty new here. I want to put wedding pictures onto a dvd for viewing as a video/slide show on TV. I have a couple of programs but the screens that I been getting flicker and the quality doesn,t seem that good. Any help appreciated.
Malvin

cga 10:17 07 Sep 2004

As most people point out - unless you want the special effects you can generate on a computer - using a domestic DVD recorder is faster an more trouble free.

However, as you are getting as far as you are, you must have a capture card, cable and software already.

I found that software can make a difference. Ulead Visual Studio is good and you can get a free download 30 day trial.

Next you should make sure that you have the correct settings. (I think UK is PAL-G but check this out - I am in Germany).

Finally make sure your cable is good.

As you will have found out by now - Video editing on a PC takes a lot of resource.

cga 10:34 07 Sep 2004

After re-reading your post I realise you did not say you are inputting from an analog source.

Far better quality can be acheived by connecting the DV output of the digicam to a firewire port on the PC (no capture card).

Same points about the software. It is a matter of judgement what is high quality but I have succeeded in producing results that the recipients were more than happy with.

hssutton 11:06 07 Sep 2004

Try the fully functioning trial of ProShow gold. click here

As well as a great many transitions, you can also pan, zoom and rotate individual slides. Sound can also be attached to individual slides + background music/sounds to the slideshow.

hssutton 11:08 07 Sep 2004

Try the fully funtioning trial of ProShow gold. click here

As well as a great many transitions, you can also pan, zoom and rotate individual slides. Sound can also be attached to individual slides + background music/sounds to the slideshow.

I have tried most slideshow programs, this IMO is the best.

hssutton 11:11 07 Sep 2004

Not sure what happened there, but it took almost 15 minutes to upload + three error pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?