User-DACAA4B6-2071-4134-8A1E49BBB8414030 13:53 05 Jul 2004

Can anyone tell me how to change my spellcheck in "Word" to the English version?

  Taff36 13:57 05 Jul 2004

Which version of Word are you using?

  son-of-a-gun 14:00 05 Jul 2004

In Word click on tools, scroll down to set language, & make English UK your default.

Thanks for sorting this out

  Taff36 14:13 05 Jul 2004


Pretty close. In word, TOOLS>LANGUAGE>SET LANGUAGE in the dialogue box select English UK and then the DEFAULT button followed by OK.

In Word XP you can switch between languages by double clicking in the lower taskbar and you can switch between English UK and US. Also it shows you what is the default language for the document you are using. For example if someone sends you a document created using US you need to change the dictionary back to UK to spell check that document in Word 97, in XP it can auto detect the language for you.

  son-of-a-gun 08:09 06 Jul 2004

Considering the numerical order of the posts, it looks to me like near enough, was good enough, although I must admit my posting was based on a very old version of word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus