i Tunes wont work

pete h 10:41 16 Apr 2010

Hya peeps, got a small problem that i am hoping someone can sort out for me. for some reason my itunes application refuses to work. i took it off my hard drive and re installed it (3 times) but it still refuses to work. anyone got any ideas please

ronalddonald 11:02 16 Apr 2010

could the firewall be blocking you??? what os u using

john bunyan 11:04 16 Apr 2010

1. What OS?
2. Did you do an uninstall as reccomended by iTunes?
3. Have a look here:
click here

pete h 11:05 16 Apr 2010

thanks for getting back to me ronald, i have never had a problem with firewalls before and was only using it the other day. my os is windows xp.

pete h 11:06 16 Apr 2010

john, i did a complete uninstall 3 times. and my os is windows xp

john bunyan 16:34 16 Apr 2010

I assume your OS is up to date with Windows Updates (SP3 etc)
I suggest that you try uninstalling again using this Apple instruction:
click here

Then download i tunes - may be worth trying to install with your anti virus temporarily disabled.

anniesboy 17:06 16 Apr 2010

I had issues recently,see my earlier post
click here
I hope it helps.

pete h 09:12 18 Apr 2010

ok i did a complete reformat and i still cant get i tunes to work on here. am i downloading the correct version or what? cant understand why it worked less than a week ago and not now

pete h 12:52 19 Apr 2010

thanks everyone, i deleted the bonjour application as instructed and i can now use my itunes thanks for your help

pete h 12:54 19 Apr 2010

hya peeps again. i am wanting to scan a document and then be able to fill it in, ie form filling after scanning it. can you please tell me what programme i need as my pringer/scanner wont allow me. i have an epson DX4450. does anyone know if this printer will allow me to do what i want to do.

GBL 13:06 19 Apr 2010

Hi Pete I suggest you start your scanner help on a new thread then peeps will look at it.

I had probs with itunes but took off Bullguard.

Taske care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?