Hot Topics

I think I have a BIOS problem with my PC?

MorpethNet 15:45 13 Feb 2020

My tower system may be 8 years old but it is well specced and runs 24/7, only restarting when Windows 10 updates. On the last 2 updates it has failed to restart, showing a BIOS error that the the primary HDD is unavailable and advising "Back up and replace" Going into the BIOS I find the boot order is: 1. CD Rom 2. Primary HDD (There are 2 HDDs) 3. USB

If I reset the order to HDD first and "Save and Exit" it won't restart and the BIOS reverts to the order above, showing the same error. If I "Discard Changes and Exit" the computer restarts and runs well till next Windows update. I suspect the BIOS battery has died. Any ideas? Cheers, Dave

ICF 19:45 13 Feb 2020

Change the Bios battery and see if the problem goes away. It could be an easy fix.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Will 5G kill you?

Becoming an In-House Illustrator: advice from those who've made it

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs VPN pour Amazon Fire TV Stick (2020)